Contact Us 18080158435
Home » Chinese Embassy & Visa » China Visa Application Guide

China Visa Application Guide

China Visa Application Guide

Getting a Chinese Visa can be a tough task because there’s a lot to consider and foreign travellers have little idea about the relevant resources in terms of Chinese Visa Application procedure. Since you don’t have much access to the Chinese Visa Application, we Explore China Tibet Travel are here to help you out and below we’d like to walk you through a traveler’s guide to China visas.

First, we’ve prepared a list of questions for foreign travellers. Feel free to go through this entire guideline or go to a specific section which may be helpful under your circumstance.

  • Q 1: Do I need a Chinese Visa?
  • Q 2: Which type of Visa should I apply for?
  • Q 3: How long will the application take?
  • Q 4: How much does a Chinese Visa cost?
  • Q 5: What is the 10 years China Visa?
  • Q 6: What documents should I prepare?

 Who Needs China Visa?

Foreign traveller will generally require a Chinese Visa while there are several groups of people not required to apply for one.

1. 24-Hour Direct Transit: Stay in China for no longer than 24 hours as a transit country to your destination.

2. 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit: Stay in one of fifteen cities that has a transit policy that allows travellers to stay for 72 hours or less.

15 Cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Harbin, Xian, Guilin, Kunming, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Tianjin, and Xiamen

Qualified countries:

  • A) European countries: United Kingdom, Russia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Albania.
  • B) American countries: United States, Brazil, Canada, Argentina, Chile, and Mexico.
  • C) Asian countries: Japan, Korea, Brunei, Singapore, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
  • D) Schengen Agreement countries: Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Finland, Estonia, Germany, France, Iceland, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Luxembourg,   Portugal, Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, and Switzerland.
  • E) Oceania countries: New Zealand and Australia.

3.  144-Hour Visa-Free Transit: Enjoy a visa-free stay up to 144 hours in Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Guangdong if travellers are from the above countries.

4. Nations of Singapore, Brunei and Japan: Plan to conduct business, visit family, or vacation for less than 15 days.

5. 15/21-Day Visa-Free Stay for Tourists Visiting Hainan.

Next, we will step into the different types of Chinese Visas.

Which Type?—China Visa Types

  1. Tourist (L) Most visitors to China will only require a tourist L which will allow them to travel freely in most parts of China as tourists. Except for individual visa, you’ll need a group L if you are travelling in an organized tour group.
  1. Business (F/M)  F is issued to foreigners invited to China on a noncommercial exchange, investigation or visits for scientific-technological, education, cultural exchanges, health or sports activities. M is a new business visa category from 1st Sept 2013, which is issued to foreigners coming for commercial and trade activities.
  1. Student (X) Student Visa allow foreign students to study or perform fieldwork in China. It is divided into X1 and X2. X1 allows students to remain in China for longer than 6 months while X2 only permits a student to stay for 6 months or less.
  1. Work (Z)  Work visa is for those who want to work in China and get paid. It is only granted if you and the employer meet certain requirements.  Also, the company you are going to work with should be able to employ foreign workers.
  1. Talent (R) Under the regulations from September 1, 2013, the R Visa is issued to foreign high-level personnel and much-needed highly talented people who need to stay in China.
  1. Family Reunion (Q) & Private Visit (S) From September 1st, 2013, relatives of foreign residents in China have more opportunities to visit their loved ones under new regulations. The Q visa or Family Reunion Visa is for those wishing to visit family members who reside in China for a long period of time.
  1. Crew / Resident / Journalist (C & D & J)

(1) Crew Visa (C) Persons arriving as crew on international planes, ships or trains and their family members should apply for it.  Clearly, they should obtain information and complete formalities via their employers.

(2) Resident Visa (D) In summary, the regulations state that a person who has lived 5 years in China and is a desirable person may obtain permanent residence status.

(3) Journalist Visa (J-1, J-2) There are 2 types of Journalist Visas, J 1 and J2. J1 is for journalists who will be spending a substantial amount of time in China while J2 is shorter term. After you figure out which type of Visa you apply for, then you can have a look about how long it will take.

Copyright © 2015-2020 All rights reserved