The total length is about 29 kilometers, the canyon is long and the highest peak of Siguniang Mountain-Momei Peak is located here. This is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, the base camp for climbing the Three Peaks and Four Peaks, and a trekking hobby resort. There are Zhangmuzhai, Gubai Youdao, Lama Temple, Ganhaizi, and waterfalls tens of meters high in the scenic area, as well as the scenery of strange stones. Changping Valley is mainly composed of forests, canyons and snow-capped mountains on the top of the canyon. The scenery is magnificent, and most of the roads can only choose horseback riding or hiking.
How to get there
1. The most convenient way from Chengdu to Mount Siguniang is to take a bus to Chadianzi Station, which is also the only station that has a shuttle bus to Mount Siguniang. Take the Chengdu-Xiaojin shuttle bus. The shuttle bus departs at around 06:30 every morning. The journey takes about 6-8 hours. It will pass Dujiangyan, Yingxiu, Wolong, Balangshan and other scenic spots along the way. The fare is 68 yuan per person. Arrive in Xiaojin County, and then take a taxi or chartered car to Siguniang Mountain Scenic Spot in Xiaojin County; the hotline for Chadianzi Station is 028-87506610, and the hotline for Xiaojin Station is 0837-2781989
2. If you can take a small noodle, the fare is about 110 yuan/person, and the other conditions are basically the same.
1. Starting from Chengdu, go to Dujiangyan via Chengguan Expressway, Shangdu (Dujiangyan) Wen (Wenchuan) Expressway to Yingxiu, then pass through Wolong Panda Park via Provincial Highway 303 (secondary ecological highway), and cross over Balang, the top of Panda Kingdom Siguniang Mountain is about 200 kilometers away
2. Arrive at Ya’an via Chengya Expressway (139 kilometers), and reach Siguniang Mountain via Baoxing over Jiajin Mountain.
After entering the scenic spot, from the tourist center of the scenic spot, take a bus along the highway to enter the ditch, and start hiking from the Lama Temple or choose to ride a horse.
Ordinary ticket: full-price ticket package 90 yuan / free ticket package 20 yuan / discount package 55 yuan (January 1st-December 31st Monday-Sunday)
Free tickets: Active military personnel, disabled people, retired cadres, soldiers who resisted the US and Aid Korea, children under 6 years old (including 6 years old) or under 1.2 meters (including 1.2 meters), seniors over 65 years old, and seniors between 60 and 64 years old in non-country Statutory holidays.
Preferential ticket range: school students (full-time education including undergraduates below), teenagers (7-18 years old), religious people with certificates issued by provincial religious departments, children above 1.2 meters, 60-64 years old people (national Statutory holidays).
07:00-17:00 (peak season) (April 1st-November 30th Monday-Sunday)
08:00-17:00 (low season) (December 1st-March 31st of the following year Monday-Sunday)
Why Changping Valley of Siguniang Mountain
Changpinggou is called the “Holy Land of Rampage” by me. It is also a type where the body goes to hell and the eyes go to heaven, but it is not like climbing on the plateau of Daocheng Aden, but walking to flat feet (more than ten kilometers walk back and forth)… because It’s more tiring, so there are fewer people than Shuangqiaogou who can take the whole journey by car. On the second day of the National Day, the situation in this scenic spot is: there is no queue for tickets, traffic cars do not line up, and the plank road in the scenic spot is often When there is no one, the horses that came up the mountain are so idle that they are dozing off…
In addition to the geographical knowledge that we forgot after reading, we can see the tour value of Changpinggou:
- Value point 1️⃣ Siguniang Mountain can be seen throughout the whole journey, Yaomei Peak has a good perspective;
- Value point 2️⃣ There are snow-capped mountains, streams, and distinctive vegetation forests;
- Value point 3️⃣ It can be crossed to Bipenggou via Changpinggou, and there are good scenery along the way (this kind of long line is more difficult, and a few travellers will consider it).
1️⃣After purchasing the ticket, first take the transportation bus to Mizoguchi, about 10 minutes, then walk a short walk along the road to the Lama Temple, and then start to walk along the plank road, the total length of the plank road is 7 kilometers, after 7 kilometers, you can continue to take the dirt road for sightseeing , There are some tour groups that will cross to Bipenggou.
2️⃣Because the altitude is about 3500, if you have friends who are high or not good at walking, you can choose to ride a horse. There are many horses in the scenic spot, but they are all privately owned and the price is not low.
3️⃣It takes 7-8 hours to walk back and forth. It takes a whole day. Try to get in as early as possible. One is because of the time, and the other is because there are less clouds in the morning, so you can appreciate the snow-capped mountains. There will be more clouds from noon to afternoon, and the peaks may not be visible. .
4️⃣ Bring plenty of water and dry food.
5️⃣Try to choose soft-soled sports shoes.
Normally 2 nights 3 days from and to Chengdu is just great for Mt. Siguniang Changping Valley hiking and photographic journey. Should you have any questions on Mt Siguniang? Just let local China guide from Sichuan Province to customize your trip further. Our difference is that we keep your budget under control while at the same time still make the trip just fantastic. Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Tony) And if you are interested on a tour to Tibet, please get more Tibet tour information here: www.tibetctrip.com.