Overview Of This Tour
Immerse yourself in the heat of Lhasa-the Barkhor streets and walk with many Tibetan pilgrims from all over Tibet. The easy tour begins with Jokhang Temple, Barkhor streets and Sera monastery on the first day. After the proper high altitude acclimatization in the first two days, you will slowly climb up the many stairs to visit the landmark of Lhasa-the world famous Potala Palace on day 3. And you will have the opportunity to visit the the summer palace of Dalai Lama-the Norbulinka. This 5 day Lhasa Lake Yamdrok journey covers the top highlight tourists attractions but you do not visit monasteries one after another. This sets it apart from any other similar tours and it is absolutely one of the best 5 days group tour.
Lhasa Group Tour Brief Itinerary (every Monday and Thursday)
- Mon./Thu: Arrival with scheduled airport pick up (9:30 am; 1:30 pm; 4:30 pm), rest for acclimatization, accommodation (optional)
- Tue./Fri.: (Breakfast): Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Streets, Sera Monastery (No tour on Sunday) accommodation (optional)
- Wed./Sat.: (Breakfast+Dinner):Potala Palace, Norbulinka Palace, guided sightseeing tour ends, accommodation (optional)
- Thu./Sun.: (Breakfast): Lhasa Lake Yamdrok Journey with a group of friends, accommodation (optional)
- Fri./Mon.: (Breakfast): Depart Tibet for next stop (shared and scheduled transfer)
Departure & Return Departure Point
- Tour Departure Date (Day 1-arrival date): Fixed Departure on Every Monday and Thursday
- Day 2 meeting point: 9:25 am at Lhasa Yak hotel lobby (nearby Dunya Restaurant, 5 mins walking to Jokhang Temple)
Lhasa Group Tour Discount Policy:
- 5% off for those booking the tour together with other two travelers at the same time;
- 5% off for those booking the tour 3 months in advance;
- The above preferential policies can only be enjoyed by either one of them, not both.
Responsible Tibet Tourism
- Each booking generates US$5 per person as donation to Tibetan Deaf people association (we organize deal travelers Tibet tour every year and recommended by Joel from deafnation.com:USA and many others)
- Traditional Tibetan welcome dinner and we use Tibetan owned restaurants and Tibetan accommodation as many as possible.
- Pay more attention to interaction and activities with local communities rather than just tour: hanging praying flag, dining in Tibetan Tea House, Tibetan accommodation, Tibetan restaurants, etc.
Lhasa Group pick up and drop off exception
- If travelers come and/or leave by train, train station pick up and/or drop off is included.
- If travelers' pick up/drop off time is not as our fixed scheduled time, they need to pay private transfer for 60USD/car.
- If travelers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use public transportation vehicle like airline shuttle bus or taxi.