Contact Us 18080158435
Home » China Visa and Tibet Permits » Tibet Travel Permits

Tibet Travel Permits

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]For all foreign travelers to Tibet, it is a must to have all necessary Tibet travel permits documents. As one local Tibet travel agency based in Lhasa since 1999, we provide professional Tibet permits services. No mater how many days you want to travel or stay in Tibet, where you want to go if the destination is open for foreign travelers, we can make it. You get reliable Tibet permits solution and all kinds of tours of Tibet. From half day tours to multiple days tour of Tibet, from hotel booking to car and driver/guide rental service, we have the right services with the best local deals for you.

All Tibet Travel Permits & Visa Documents Category

Tibet Kailash Travel Documents
Tibet Travel Permits Documents

There are overall 6 kinds of travel documents for your Tibet holiday. We specify it in a Tibet permits documents list as below. You may just need 1.2.3 or or This depends on your Tibet travel itinerary. As different parts of Tibet requires different Tibet travel permits. Please take a quick look and hope it helps you.

  • 1. Valid Passport
  • 2. Chinese Visa (Z, F or L, or OPEC Working permit)  or Tibet Group Visa
  • 3. Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits-Tibet travel permits for entry and travel
  • 4. Tibet Aliens’ Travel Permits (PSB’s)-for not fully open areas;
  • 5. Tibet Military Permit and Foreign Affairs Permit-for Kailash and Kham Tours;
  • 6. Tibet Boarder Defense Permit-for Everest and/or Kailash trip

[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Tibet Travel Permits Introduction and Guidelines” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center|color:%23dd8b0f”][vc_toggle title=”1. All foreign travelers travelling to Tibet must hold a passport valid for at least six months.”]Yes, of course, to travel to China and Tibet, like you fly to most of the countries in the world, a valid passport is a must. This document is what you will need to provide for travelling to and in Tibet, as well as China.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”2. Travel to Tibet from China, firstly you need to apply Chinese visa by yourself.”]As it is a fact that Tibet is part of China, under the Chinese Central Government’s Sovereignty. Thus to travel to Tibet from China, you will need China visa. And you can apply this visa from most Chinese embassies.

Most Chinese embassies and consulates will issue a standard 30-day, single entry tourist visa in three to five working days (an ‘L’ Visa means travel). If you are lucky, some embassies abroad may give you a 60 or even 90 days. Especially in Hong Kong, it is very easy to get a 90 day visa; most agencies can arrange it in one day. If you want more flexibility to enter and leave China several times, most Chinese embassies will issue a double-entry visa. For those who are working, studying or living temporarily in China, you may need other kinds of China Visa, such as “F” Visa, “X” Visa or “Z” Visa, etc.

Important tips for you when you apply for a China visa to Tibet:

You’d better not mention Tibet or any places in Tibet such as Lhasa, Everest as your travel destination when applying for China visa (China Embassy in Kathmandu is the exceptional) because the embassy may refuse your application if you state that you will go there. Learn more about Chinese visa.

If you travel to Tibet from Nepal, you need Tibet Group visa document.

For entry from Nepal by land or air, you need “TIBET GROUP VISA”. A Tibet Group Visa is an A 4 size sheet of paper. It includes all members’s passport numbers, date of birth and occupations. The dates of entry and exit are on the paper as well. Usually, the visa is valid just for your Tibet tour, but it can be valid for 1 to 2 months if in need, so you can travel in China after Tibet with this visa.

To apply this Tibet group visa, we will help apply the visa invitation letter as below:

There will be two original copies of Group Visa, one for immigration at the entry and one for exit. Based in Lhasa, our agency can help arrange “Tibet group visa” invitation letter and our partner agency in Kathmandu can help apply the Tibet group visa in one working day. And we suggest you’d better have at least 2 working days in Kathmandu to get the visa from us.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”3. Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits for Entry and travelling in Tibet”]Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits are Tibet travel permits for entry to Tibet. Our local Tibet travel agency will apply all necessary Tibet travel documents as a part of arrangements for your travel. After you decide to travel with us, we will help you to obtain your Tibet Entry Travel Permits.
Tibet Travel Permits Tips—Please Keep in mind:  a) All info should be exactly the same as on your passport. And you need to tell us your occupation because journalists, military person or public service people need more complicated procedure to get the Tibet travel permit. b) Please note that if you do not book at least a mini tour from us, we cannot help you get the Tibet travel permits. c) No Tibet travel agency can provide “permit-only” service. The mini tour could be a hotel booking, or few hours Lhasa tour guide rental, etc. d) A TTB Permit is not enough if your Tibet tour covers not fully open areas such as Mt. Everest Base Camp, Samye Monastery, etc[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”4.Aliens’ Travel Permit for Tsetang, Mt. Everest, Mt. Kailash, Lake Draksum tso,etc”]Aliens’ Travel Permit is important Tibet travel permit when your trip covers Mt. Everest, Mt. Kailash, Lake Draksum tso etc. All these places are not fully open. So to travel to these destinations, you will need it. This permit has another name of “PSB permit” because the local Public Security Bureau issues these permits. We can apply these permits in PSB in Lhasa or Nyingchi, Tsetang and Shigatse city. If your trip covers Lake Draksumtso, we can get this permit ready in Lhasa before going.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”5. Tibet Military and Foreign Affairs Travel Permits”]Tibet Military Permit and Foreign affairs permit documents are for travelling between Yunnan/Sichuan province and Tibet by overland, or travelling to Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar. These Tibet travel permits documents are important and it takes much longer time than shorter tour. SO we should start the Tibet permits application process around one month in advance.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”6. Tibet Border passing Permits”]Tibet Border Defense Permit is for you to travel to Everest Base Camp or Mt. Kailash areas. This  Tibet travel document is important. And the Tibet travel permits application process starts normally 15 days to 30 days in advance. So if your travel covers Kailash, we suggest you book at least 15 days before arrival. And if your trip covers Mt. Kailash, we suggest you book at least 30 days before arrival date.[/vc_toggle][vc_column_text]

Which parts of Tibet are listed as the closed or not fully open areas for foreign travelers?

At present, you have to apply for a Alien’s Travel permit if your destinations include following places:

  • Tsedang: Yumbulakhang Palace, Samye Monastery, Tomb of Tibetan King, Trundruk Monastery;
  • Shigatse: Sakya Monastery, Mt. Everest, Rongbuk Monastery;
  • Gyantse: Pelkor Chode Monastery & Kubum Stupa, Shalu Monastery;
  • Ngari Region: Mt. Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, Tsaparang, Guge Kingdom Ruins, Qionglong, Saga, Payang, Zhongba;
  • Nyingchi Region: Basum-tso, Pomi, Rawo-tso (Lake Raog), etc;
  • Chamdo Region: Chamdo, Riwoche, Tengchen, etc.

1. If your Tibet travel destination only covers Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, there is no need to apply “PSB” travel permit.
2. If your trip covers destinations along the overland tour from Yunnan, Sichuan, Qinghai or Xinjiang province to Tibet, we need your Entry Stamp to China to apply the PSB before your tour starts.

Emails: [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Copyright © 2015-2020 All rights reserved

Secured By miniOrange